We are also not your servants. We sure as hell aren’t your dog and we are not your mother or your maid. I cannot stand when people have no manners, are rude, dirty or just have no idea how to conduct themselves in public.
Here’s a few general reminders for next time you go out to eat:
- If you walk in and there is a hostess you can generally assume YOU DO NOT SEAT YOURSELF
- Once said hostess seats you IT IS RUDE TO MOVE TABLES WITHOUT ASKING
- Restaurants generally follow a seating rotation. That being said there is a reason you’re being sat where you are.
- People make mistakes. Hostesses and waitresses are people too.
- If you’re polite, I can almost guarantee your service will be 100x better.
- Waiters and waitresses make about 2 dollars an hour: most of which they have to give back to the restaurant. TIP YOUR SERVER.
- Say please and thank you. It honestly does make a difference.
- If you’re going to request a table, don’t request one that you can obviously see is dirty.
- A call ahead is different from a reservation.
- If everyone in the restaurant can hear your conversation, YOU ARE TALKING TOO LOUD.
- The menus are not place mats